Skip to main content
20.7: Thinking about the Material
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Reflect and research
- When did Galvani and Volta experiment with electric cells?
- What is the largest voltage that Volta obtained with his voltaic pile?
- How does one charge a rechargeable battery? What would the circuit look like?
To try at home
- Research circuit diagrams of appliances you have at home.
To try in the lab
- Propose an experiment to measure the change in current of an RC circuit as a capacitor builds up and releases charge.
- Propose an experiment to determine the RC constant for a capacitor charging circuit.
- Propose an experiment to measure the resistance of a voltmeter and compare your results with the manufacturer’s.