Skip to main content
6: Angular Momentum
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- 6.1: Linking Linear and Angular Momentum
- We continue our exploration of rotational motion my extending the idea of linear momentum.
- 6.2: Effects of Torque
- Just as linear momentum is affected by net force, so is angular momentum affected by net torque. Describing now torque changes the magnitude of angular momentum is rather trivial – it gets interesting when the torque alters the direction of the angular momentum.
- 6.3: Applications of Angular Momentum Conservation
- Just as we found applications of the conservation principles for energy and linear momentum, angular momentum conservation provides us with some nice shortcuts for solving problems.