Skip to main content
8: Small Oscillations
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- 8.1: Simple Harmonic Motion
- Restoring forces cause objects to oscillate back-and-forth across the equilibrium point. We will look at a specific class of restoring forces, which cause a common type of oscillatory motion.
- 8.2: Other Restoring Forces
- Simple harmonic motion arises from restoring forces other than masses on springs. Here we explore a couple of examples.
- 8.3: Damping and Resonance
- Elastic forces are conservative, but systems that exhibit harmonic motion can also exchange energy from outside forces. Here we look at some of the effects of these exchanges.
- 8.4: Coupled Oscillators and Normal Modes