- 18.1: Introduction to Quantum Physics
- Quantum mechanics supersedes classical mechanics as the fundamental theory of mechanics. Hamiltonian mechanics provided the foundation upon which quantum mechanics was built.
- 18.2: Brief summary of the origins of quantum theory
- Contributions by Planck Einstein, Bohr, de Broglie, Pauli Heisenberg, Dirac, Schrödinger.
- 18.3: Hamiltonian in Quantum Theory
- Heisenberg's matrix mechanics, Schrödinger's wave mechanics.
- 18.5: Correspondence Principle
- Bohr's theory.
Thumbnail: Depiction of a hydrogen atom with size of central proton shown, and the atomic diameter shown as about twice the Bohr model radius (image not to scale). (Public Domain; Bensaccount).