Skip to main content
24.10: Thinking about the material
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Reflect and research
- How did Michelson and Morley demonstrate that the ether does not exist?
- Why is 1905 the “year of physics”?
- Give an example of a device that you use that is affected by relativistic effects.
- How do you resolve the twin paradox? Can you show it on a space-time diagram?
- What did Lorentz do and when?
- Apart from the space-time interval, \(s\), what else is Lorentz invariant?
- What is Cherenkov radiation?
To try at home
- Build a particle accelerator.
- Look up a video illustrating the barn paradox, and other relativistic effects.
To try in the lab
- Propose an experiment to measure the speed of light.
- Propose an experiment to test relativistic effects with electro magnetism.