University Physics is a three-volume collection that meets the scope and sequence requirements for two- and three-semester calculus-based physics courses. Volume 1 covers mechanics, sound, oscillations, and waves.
- 1: Units and Measurement
- 2: Vectors
- 3: Motion Along a Straight Line
- 4: Motion in Two and Three Dimensions
- 5: Newton's Laws of Motion
- 6: Applications of Newton's Laws
- 7: Work and Kinetic Energy
- 8: Potential Energy and Conservation of Energy
- 9: Linear Momentum and Collisions
- 10: Fixed-Axis Rotation Introduction
- 11: Angular Momentum
- 12: Static Equilibrium and Elasticity
- 13: Gravitation
- 14: Fluid Mechanics
- 15: Oscillations
- 16: Waves
- 17: Sound
- Answer Key to Selected Problems
Thumbnail: A picture of the first Tacoma Narrows Bridge. The 1940 Tacoma Narrows Bridge, the first Tacoma Narrows Bridge, was a suspension bridge in the U.S. state of Washington that spanned the Tacoma Narrows strait of Puget Sound between Tacoma and the Kitsap Peninsula. It dramatically collapsed into Puget Sound on November 7 of the same year.
Samuel J. Ling (Truman State University), Jeff Sanny (Loyola Marymount University), and Bill Moebs with many contributing authors. This work is licensed by OpenStax University Physics under a Creative Commons Attribution License (by 4.0).