Prince George's Community College
Prof. Neeharika Thakur
- 11.1: Overview
- The circulation and cleansing of blood, as well as the transport of nutrients rely on the motion of fluids.
- 11.2: Flow in Tubes
- Poiseuille’s equation can be used to determine the pressure drop of a constant viscosity fluid exhibiting laminar flow through a rigid pipe.
- 11.3: Bernoulli’s Equation
- For “ideal” flow along a streamline with no change in height, an increase in velocity results from a decrease in static pressure.
- 11.4: Other Applications
- It is imperative to consider turbulent flow when designing many things such as airplanes, medical equipment, heat exchangers, and bridges.