Skip to main content
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- 2.1: What is Thermodynamics?
- 2.2: The Zeroth Law of Thermodynamics
- 2.3: Mathematical Interlude - Exact and Inexact Differentials
- 2.4: The First Law of Thermodynamics
- 2.5: Heat Engines and the Second Law of Thermodynamics
- 2.6: The Entropy
- 2.7: Thermodynamic Potentials
- 2.8: Maxwell Relations
- 2.9: Equilibrium and Stability
- In order for the system to be in equilibrium, so that S is maximized and can increase no further under spontaneous processes.
- 2.10: Applications of Thermodynamics
- 2.11: Phase Transitions and Phase Equilibria
- 2.12: Entropy of Mixing and the Gibbs Paradox
- 2.13: Some Concepts in Thermochemistry
- 2.14: Appendix I- Integrating Factors
- 2.15: Appendix II- Legendre Transformations
- 2.16: Appendix III- Useful Mathematical Relations
- 2.S: Summary
Thumbnail: Heat Engine.